Questions About VUMC Missions?
If you have questions or would like more information, including opportunities to donate to any project, call Shawna at 540-248-7777 or contact email@example.com
Missions in the Local Community
Missions in the Extended Community
- We provide a weekly Food Pantry for the needy of our community
- We deliver hot meals to 12-15 homebound adults each day through the Valley Program for the Aging services.
- Every six weeks we sponsor a visit from Virginia Blood Services.
- Our men’s group (Men At Work) takes on various renovation and repair projects throughout the year to help those living in substandard homes, or need a helping hand due to illness, injury or circumstance.
- Weekday Religious Education
- Staunton-Augusta Relief Association (SACRA)
- Pregnancy Help Center
- Valley Mission
- Karing for Kids program - works in cooperation with Verona Elementary School to help needy kids with school supplies, winter clothing, and other necessary provisions.
- Haiti 2012 Mission Team (9 VUMC Members)
- Support for April 2013 Cuba Mission Team (1 VUMC Member)
- UMCOR Disaster Relief
- Russian Initiative
- Rise Faith Community
- Hope for the Children of Africa
- Afghanistan Refugee Family Project
- Red Bird Mission
- Society of St. Andrew Potato Project
- United Methodist Family Services
- Kingsway Ministries.
- Jubilee Project